Our epic Holiday Party is just around the corner, and we are expecting a great turnout.
Some particulars you need to know:
1. This year's Holiday Get-together is at THE MAPLE TREE IN MCFARLAND. That's a change from past years, but costs there are more reasonable and they are eager to please. Easy Parking and the potential for a lot of room.
2. Rick's signup blast will be going out Monday, November 13. You can signup and pay with Paypal or you can send Treasurer Dick Steffes a check.
Go here to register for the party.
Spouses and significant others/guests are definitely invited (among other things, they can commiserate what it was like to live with a DNR person).
3. Cost is $27 per person; that includes meal, tax and gratuity, room rental and door prizes. That's a deal at today's prices.
4. Once again Marilyn Howell will be printing out name tags, based on signups. To make life much easier, she will print out a second tag with your name to be used to draw for door prizes.
5. Sheree Vande Brink is once again honchoing the raffle (proceeds of which go to Second Harvest.)
THIS YEAR SHE HAS ISSUED A CHALLENGE FOR EVERYONE TO CONTRIBUTE ONE DESIRABLE WHITE ELEPHANT. Contributions in the past have ranged from home baked pies or cookies to kitchenware, tools, and recreation and camping equipment. Creativity welcome. If you can contribute, drop Sheree an email at: email@example.com and she will premake a sign for the item.
6. Finally, if you missed all of the above or found out at the last minute you can attend, we'd LOVE to see you. Just email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org or show up. And if you know a retiree that would enjoy ARC, invite him or her!
Thanks, guys. Hope to see you soon.